Welcome to Mission Peak Striders Web Site
Mission Peak Striders Running Club is based in Fremont, California. Runners meet on Saturday and Sunday morning at 8 am to run on various beautiful trails around Fremont, Newark, and Union City. Often, runners are going up to Mission Peak, Sunol trail, and Garin Park, Lake Cabot and Stevenson Reservoir. Our coffee break afterwards is held at different coffee houses close to the run for that weekend. In addition to the weekend run, members meet for Wednesday track training. Throughout the year, our club hosts picnics, time best-guessed run, camp-outs and parties for members. If anyone is interested in checking us out they are welcome to join us any Saturday or Sunday morning. Please check our runs and directions for details.
Top 10 reasons for running
1. Running is the most efficient path to cardiovascular fitness.
Thirty minutes a day, four days a week will yield an excellent level of
fitness in the shortest possible period of time.
2. Running is the most accessible of aerobic sports.No matter where you live or travel, an excellent area for running is almost always close by. You don't need to find a health club or worry about bringing along bulky equipment.
3. Running is inexpensive and simple to learn. You need good shoes, decent clothing and not much else to participate. Everyone knows how to run, and information on training is widely available.
4. Running is the best method of stress reduction on the market. Thirty minutes of running will work wonders in dissolving stress accumulated on the job.
5. Running is an excellent component of any weight-control program. Few activities burn calories more quickly.
6. Running is a flexible method of training. You can run at your own pace, with or without company, at whatever time of day suits you.
7. Running makes you feel good. Your fitness, self-esteem and confidence all will increase with a regular running program.
8. The sport offers a unique opportunity for recreational runners to mix with world-class athletes. You can't play in the Super Bowl or the NBA play-offs, but on almost every weekend, runners compete in the same events with the fastest human beings ever to inhabit the planet. There are also low-key social events that emphasize fun and friendship.
9. Running is for families and individuals of all ages. There are running programs for kids, "masters" programs for those over 40 and events for families.
10. You'll be in good company. Millions of people--including three of the last four presidents of the United States--already run for health, fun, fitness and competition. And you'll find running clubs in almost every community in the country
CVID 19 ANNOUNCMENT
With the current shelter in place in place requirements and even more restrictive social distancing policies, our weekly scheduled runs do not seem to be compatible with our current environment. As such we are going to suspend publication of the weekly newsletter. We expect to return to promoting a healthy lifestyle and sharing our accomplishments as soon as the current pandemic subsides. Please continue to have a healthy respect for this virus and keep yourself and family safe. If important club information needs to be shared please send me a note and we will pass it on. Protect yourself and stay safe.